Lefty's Live Music
Lefty's Live Music is located at 2307 University Ave in Des Moines, Iowa. The location has a long history as a music venue dating back to Safari Nite Club and Bag's in the 1990s. After an eight year period of the building housing a college bar, owners Erik and Anne, remodeled and updated the building to create one of the finest venues in the Des Moines area. For more information about the venue and up coming events go to Lefty's Website.
Location - 2307 University Ave / Des Moines, Iowa 50311
Capacity - 350
Seating - 130 with or without tables
Ticketing - Through Midwestix
Event Nights - 7 Days a Week with open mic comedy every Tuesday and a rotation of 4 local bands on Wednesday nights. Now closed on Mondays.
Sound - Full Front of House(See Details Below)
Lights - Full Lighting System(See Details Below)
Professional Sound Engineer - Brad Millis
Two Talent Buyers - Erik Brown and David "DaVo" Wilkins
Door Person and bouncers
Loaders - only by request
Age Restrictions - All Ages before 9pm / 21 & Over after 9pm
Concessions - Full Bar
Show Genres - Active Rock, Acoustic, Alternative, Americana, Blues, Blue Grass, Burlesque, Country, Dance, Electronica, Funk, Hardcore, Hip Hop, Indie, Metal, Progressive, Punk, Rap, Rockabilly, Roots, Ska, Singer Songwriter and just about anything that will draw.
Parking - For customers we only offer on street parking. Bands and talent can parking in the fenced in lot in back of the venue. The back lot can handle vans with trailers, Spinners, and mid-sized motor homes. Buses and Bandwagons will need to park on the street.
Front of House Sound System:
- Board: Behringer X32 (32 channel digital, Midas powered mixing console).
- Monitors: Yamaha Club Series 12 inch w/horn, 4 independent monitor mixes, including drum wedge w/EV 18 inch sub.
- Onstage: 32 XLR/1/4 inch inputs, 10 DI boxes.
- Vocal mics: 6 Sennheiser 835’s.
- Drum mics: 3 Sennheiser Evolution Series 605’s, and 10 SM57’s –
- Kick: Audix D6.
- Mains: EAW LA Series Tops and Subs. 12,000 watts Front Of House.
- Remote mixed through IPad X32 Behringer app.
- 10 180 watt LED high spectrum cans. Hazer is provided when needed and smoke machine.